Reflection by MORGAN P.
Original TED page w/ speaker bio, links, comments, etc:
Katherine Fulton is passionate about helping society and being a leader. She has given many speeches about philanthropy. Her efforts have earned her several awards.
When I thought of philanthropy, I thought of wealthy people donating money. After watching this video, it has changed my perspective.
- Charitable donations are a huge part of our society.
- Even small donations can help. I have always been taught that no matter where you are in life, you should be giving to the Church, whether you are giving money or your time. Being sixteen I don’t have money to donate to the Church, so I donate my time.
- Philanthropy is not just about money, but it is about your time and actions.
- Every week I work in the Church nursery. And every summer I am a group leader for Vacation Bible School.
- Charity is what makes society works. It is an important part of our World.
- There is always something that you can do to help.
For my Mom’s birthday I bought her a present from changingthepresent.org. For fifteen dollars, we gave ten books to a child in Africa. Or you can buy a soccer ball for children. Or even 5,000 for pure water for a school in Africa. It is amazing what we can do. We can change a child’s life with fifteen dollars!!
I enjoyed the overall message that Katherine Fulton is portraying in the video. However, I found it hard to focus on what she was saying. I wish she would have made it easier to understand and had a better presentation.